Arrests, by Race, 2012
- In 2012, 69.3 percent of all individuals arrested were white, 28.1 percent were black, and 2.6 percent were of other races.
- Of all juveniles (persons under the age of 18) arrested in 2012, 65.2 percent were white, 32.2 percent were black, and 2.5 percent were of other races.
- Of all adults arrested in 2012, 69.7 were white, 27.6 percent were black, and 2.7 percent were of other races.
- White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race, accounting for 58.7 percent of those arrests.
- The percentages of black adults and white adults arrested for murder were similar, with 49.3 percent being black and 48.3 percent being white.
- Black juveniles accounted for 51.5 percent of all juveniles arrested for violent crimes. White juveniles accounted for 61.6 percent of all juveniles arrested for property crimes.
- Of the juveniles arrested for drug abuse violations, 74.0 percent were white.
- White juveniles accounted for 55.2 percent of juveniles arrested for aggravated assaults.